Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The first day of school

It was the first day of school today. Only the freshmen showed up, because since they were all new to the school this was the day to get to know the place, and familiarize themselves with the classes. I'm taking honors English and Global Studies (Whose teacher is a very witty African- American guy with a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a concealed weapons license--I can only imagine what the year will be like with him), Algebra, PE, Health Ed, Spanish, Physical Science, and a video production class.
The teachers all seem nice enough, although I can't say the same for the students, who generally kept to themselves. That's probably only because not very many of them know each other, hopefully it will get better over the year. Generally, though, things look pretty good. The classes don't seem too boring, there doesn't appear to be a huge homework load, and I can find the classrooms relatively easily. I just hope I still have some free time during weekdays.
So that's how things were. Tomorrow, everyone else will show up and regular classes will start , so then I'll really get to see what high school is like.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to hear about the second day! The Global Studies teacher sounds fun.