Yesterday we bought a firepit. Well, it was more of a fire plate, but for some reason they call it a firepit. It's a big shallow copper dish with a screen over the top to contain the sparks. We've been thinking about getting one for a while, and we finally did.
After we brought it home, I went through quite a hassle putting it together. It took far longer than it should have, but after dinner I lit it up and we had smores. Is that how you spell it? I haven't had a smore in six years. It was really nice to be able to do that. Except they were the stickiest marshmallows in existence, but otherwise it was great. I dropped a square of chocolate on the screen accidentally. Next morning, it had turned into a slug-shaped, carbonized lump of sugar.
Hmm, I haven't posted in 12 days. I need to do this more often.